Wednesday 17 December 2008

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

Once upon a time there were three Billy goats, who were going up to the hillside to make themselves fat, and the name of all three was "Gruff."

On the way up was a bridge over a burn they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly Troll, with eyes as big as saucers, and a nose as long as a poker.

So first of all came the youngest billy goat to cross the bridge.
"WHO'S THAT tripping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"Oh, it is only I, the tiniest billy-goat Gruff; and I'm going up to the hill-side to make myself fat," said the billy goat, with such a small cute voice.
"Now, I'm coming, to gobble you up," said the Troll.
"Oh, no! Don't take me. I'm too little to taste good," said the billy goat; "wait a bit till the second billy-goat Gruff comes, he's much bigger."
"Well, be off with you;" said the Troll.

A little while after came the second billy goat Gruff to cross the bridge.
"WHO'S THAT tripping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"Oh, it's the second billy-goat Gruff, and I'm going up to the hill-side to make myself fat," said the billy goat, who hadn't such a small voice.
"Now I'm coming to gobble you up," said the Troll.
"Oh, no! Don't take me, wait a little till the big billy-goat Gruff comes, he's much bigger."
"Very well! Be off with you," said the Troll.

But just then up came the big billy goat Gruff. The bridge creaked under him.
"WHO'S THAT tramping over my bridge?" roared the Troll.
"IT'S THE BIG BILLY-GOAT GRUFF," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.
"Now I'm coming to gobble you up!" roared the Troll.

The troll leapt up over the side of the bridge and rushed at the big billy goat. The troll did not know that big goats have horns!
The goat put down his head and the troll landed on his horns like groceries in a basket. The goat whipped up his head and catapulted the troll into the air. He landed in the beak of a passing pelican, which swallowed it whole.

The big billy goat Gruff went up to the hillside. There the billy goats ate and ate, and got so fat they couldn't fit back on the bridge to get home. They may be there on that green hillside to this day.


2 comments:

marykinha said...

No es hacer los deberes, es que esos son temas que nos interesas si por algún casual, tenemos que "emigrar" que Dios quiera que no sea el caso.

Jajajaja ahora estoy expectante antes las expectativas de Galicia... mmmmm que salga ya, leñe, que no me quedan uñas por comer jajajaja

Bicos guapérrima

marykinha said...

They're my nails... lol

Que va, aún no he empezado, estoy intentando dejarme de ese vicio, luego irá el alcohol (que con lo poco que estoy saliendo va a ser que ya lo he dejado) y el chocolate (aunque entonces dejaría der ser yo...)

Me voy a matricularme en el curso de las TICs, eres buena y me dejas las respuestas hehehehe

Besiños

P.D. Oye, pos en Canarias con la falta de profesores no te digo yo que no vaya a ser un buen plan... playa todo el año, el complemento de isla, las cosas más baratas, menos impuestos...